The seminary building was built in 1863, then rebuilt in 1963. It reopened in 1986 to train seminarians from six southern dioceses.
Since 2006, it has recruited only students from Hồ Chí Minh City Archdiocese and two Dioceses of Mỹ Tho and Phú Cường. The seminary got government permission for annual recruitment in 2007. On March 19, 2012, the first stone laying ceremony of the seminary’s new block was celebrated.
Rector: Father Joachim Trần Văn Hương
Address: Đại Chủng Viện Thánh Joseph Sài Gòn
6 Tôn Đức Thắng, Q. 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
Phone: +84 83 829 0109 - 8 3910 4818
Fax: +84 83 930 0598